In May we spent a week traveling around Scotland in a campervan. The scenery was amazing and we drove almost 1400km. I did not bring along my road bike, but after seeing how the locals drive and how the road shoulders are almost non-existent I don’t really mind.
Some of the highlights of our trip:
- Climbed Arthur’s seat in Edinburgh
- Seafari wildlife tour to Corryvreckan. Thanks Claire!
- Seafood stand on the Oban pier
- Hired a downhill bike and rode the Red Giant trail on Ben Nevis range
- Coasteering adventure in Skye with Skye Adventure. Thanks Sarah and John!
- Riding up Bealach na Ba road to Applecross
We also did some of the must-see spots like Eilean donan castle and Loch Ness, but my experience is that they necessarily were not worth the time. The best time we had wondering on the secluded beaches and taking the less beaten track in general. Next time I want to walk up some Munros and maybe attend a closed-roads cyclo sportive.