After the responsibility-fullfilled 2015 I had big hopes for 2016 as far as cycling goes. In the end I did manage to do quite a bit.
- Riding 2500km (excluding commutes)
- Giro d’Espoo in 32km/h group (fixed)
- Vättern rundan close to 10h (not 9h)
- Riding to Uimastadion and back with my 6-year old son
- 6th place in Velorution track omnium competition
- Participated in Hellsinki fixed-gear crit race (not last)
I woved I would go on a spending spree and this year I got no less than three new bikes (track, road and cx) and a set of watt cranks.
Never got around to doing longer rides and especially the ride to Kauhava was once again postponed due to crashing the new bike. I also chickened out of the rainy TdH by night. At the end of the season I got my self tested with bicycle ergometer. The VO2 max and lactates measured from blood don’t lie. If I want to be a force to be reckoned with a hefty 7kg fat drop is required. So there is plenty to do for the winter and next season.